Monday, December 24, 2007

December 2007

The end of another year.

I always assumed that December would be a slacking month. After all, many companies shut down or slow work because a lot of people would be clearing and taking leave to go on holidays. I was so wrong. Work was busier than ever, with many more samples coming in due to the festive season. Then Singapore got hit with a big food poisoning outbreak courtesy of Prima Deli. (These things really don't have any sense of timing.) Since the culprit was Salmonella, my lab became the main testing facility and I must say that we have all been working like crazy because of this. In the midst of this Prima Deli frenzy, oysters starting coming in like mad as well. I don't want to elaborate too much but just know that in this month, all of us felt like overworked crazy people. As my friend so correctly pointed out, we don't even have the time to commit suicide. HAHA!!!

Thank goodness things are winding down a bit. We still have a whole lot of work and I still have a whole lot of oysters to clear but because of Hari Raya Haji, Christmas and New Year, there's only so much we can do.

Then there's Chris's and Ju's birthdays this month. How could I have ever thought this would be a relaxing month??? I was damn stressed in trying to plan for both their birthdays, having missed celebrating them last year.


Chris's Bday Celebration:

I brought her for a pedicure treat before we met up with the rest of the gang for dinner. My first pedicure and Chris's second. We took so long to choose the colours we wanted for our feet. But it was a good experience and we will be going back for more since we both got psycho-ed into taking up a package with that place. Two guillible fools...hahhaha...


We had dinner at Tony Roma's and had to queue for a table for 8. They didn't take reservations, how dumb!!!


After dinner, all of us headed down to Mount Faber in Keong's and Ju's cars. We went to the Jewel Box, recommended by a friend. We had to pay $8 to enter but that included a cable car ride and a $5 drink discount so it was worth it. The cable car ride was great! How often do you get to take the ride late at night, all the way down to Sentosa and back?


My surprise for Chris and Ju was asking Ah Ren out to meet us. This is no easy feat since he is always extremely busy but I managed to persuade him to come; plus he stays right at the foot of Mount Faber.


I got her a heart and flower white gold, rose gold and diamond pendent with a white gold chain. It wasn't cheap but we had a whole lot of people wanting to chip in for her present.






There was a live band and we each ordered a drink. Actually the Jewel Box is a really nice place with great atmosphere. The only problem is that the place is open-air and so you get a lot of second-hand smoke from people sitting around you.



A very nice day and night out. Totally memorable and I hope it's the same for the rest who joined me on this day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home